Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Alternative Decorative Planners Assorted Spreads

Alternative Decorative Planners Assorted Spreads


Long time no planner post! For the past few months, since my last planner-related post, Ive been keeping my planning mostly in Instagram rather than posting them here monthly. I might come back and do another planner related post here soon (the reason why is at the end of this post, stay tuned!) but for now I thought I would dump some of my favorite planner spreads from the last few months.




I started out the new year with this black and gold layout, made goth with some gorgeous black/gold foiled skull and spiderweb washi tape that I found on Etsy.



The next week I tried out some vibrant, acid greens and found that I absolutely loved them to pieces. This colorscheme is going to make a comeback for sure.


Next is the first of several black and red themes that Ive come to love lately. In this spread I didnt want to use too many full boxes, so I played up lots of smaller stickers and washi tape to make a cute vampire themed look.



For Valentines Day I went a bit softer and more feminine with this burlesque style spread in pink and brown. I loved this a lot just to look at, even if the week was fairly unproductive.



Next up was another red and black vampire themed week. This week was a mash of many different sticker kits all together (you can see the different styles of checklists that I had), so Im kind of surprised it turned out as well as it did.



This week is another favorite that I wasnt expecting to like as much as I did. Its a Sally theme from Nightmare Before Christmas and it turned out bright and fun and Im very fond of it. The yellow washi tape on Saturday and Sunday is a favorite of mine.


This week was galaxy themed and Im pretty fond of how it looks, even if I had trouble writing on some of the stickers because of the the dark pattern.


This week was roughly circus themed and another black and red spread. I really liked it because I started to play with the layout of my spreads which is something I will probably do more of in the future...



Lastly, this weeks spread is another black and red one with lots of different sticker kits. Near the bottom you can see that Ive started a graduation count down sticker sheet, which should be fun for the rest of the month.



So, the reason I might make more planner posts in the future is that I will be switching planners after I graduate in May! I just dont think I need all of the space that this above planner, the Erin Condren Life Planner, offers, and I would like something that I can take with me on the go. 

The planner I bought is a black, personal-size Filofax (found on eBay for a steal, since brand new Filofaxes are steep.) 

Yes, I know it doesnt look small in comparison but thats because the binder is larger than the inserts. The inserts themselves will be roughly 3.7" x 6.7", in contrast to the Erin Condren whose pages are 7.25" x 9.25." Itll be nice to have a planner that I can slide into my purse for a change. 

Binder styles have a lot of different ways to decorate them. You can design and print out your own inserts, buy or make dividers out of whatever scrapbook paper you want, insert charms or decorative paper clips, and a whole host of other things. Im especially excited for all the planner accessories which will come around during the Halloween season. 

Im probably not going to make the switch until after graduation so I will be posting more pictures of my Erin Condren planner spreads on my Instagram @theeverydaygoth if you care to have a peek.

Have any of you started using a planner in the new year? 

Available link for download