Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Alternative Decorative Planners My October Spreads

Alternative Decorative Planners My October Spreads


If you havent seen my previous post about why I like to stick stickers and washi tape all over my planner, I recommend looking at it here. Essentially, it makes me more happy to use my planner because its actually a joy to look at. Theres actually quite a big community who do this kind of planner decorating so check them out on Instagram in the tags #plannercommunity #planners #plannerlife #plannernerd and a few others. Because Im a bit spookier than the average planner user Ive been using the tag #gothplanner to show my spreads to fellow spooky planner nerds so check my and their spreads out there.


First up is the October monthly view. Ive been using the monthly view just to mark off big events for school and work which works pretty well for me. I also use washi tape to mark off the days that arent in the month of October and birthdays. As you can see I went pretty Halloween heavy and it was a lot of fun. 


Next up is this week from October 28th to October 4th. I also posted pictures of these on my last planner post for the end of September but I really really like this spread. It was the perfect introduction to October for me. One of my favorite things from this week were Halloween countdown tombstone stickers from Addie and Allie on Etsy, I used them throughout the month and they were a great way to remember how close my favorite holiday was. 

Next up for the week of October 5th-11th I did a pumpkin spice / autumn coffee themed spread. One of the things Ive decided to do with my planner is try to match my stickers as best as possible to the monthly colors that the Erin Condren Life Planner comes with. That way I can use fewer stickers and have to cover up less stuff. This was a great way to decorate within the October colors of orange and brown and celebrate the season.

In the next spread I did for October 12th to 18th I also wanted to continue to celebrate the season because Id forgotten how absolutely stunning New England is in the autumn. This week I tried putting the countdown stickers on the bottom with the washi but I didnt end up liking this. Still, overall the spread is pretty cute and I decided to start putting a Next Week section in my sidebar so I can see what I need to start preparing for without having to flip to the next week to see my post-it notes. 

For the week before Halloween, October 19th-25th, I wanted to do a cute Halloweenish theme that would be different from the one that I would do for the actual week of Halloween. I settled on a purple, orange, black, and white theme which I ended up really loving as it got me in the spirit a lot. This week was also pretty washi heavy but it tied in the colors really well.

The actual week of Halloween, October 26th to November 1st, I wanted to do straight up classic orange and black. This is a crowded week because of course it is, I really wanted to celebrate it as much as I could. Im kind of sad to be done with the Halloween count down stickers, maybe Ill make my own for a 365 Halloween countdown. 
So, thats the end of this months spreads! Next month in the Erin Condren is my favorite color, a beautiful turquoise, and I think my spreads might not be quite so Gothy because I want to play it up as much as I can. If you want to see pictures be sure to follow me on Instagram @theeverydaygoth to see my spreads, sticker hauls, and more.

Available link for download