Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2017

AMANDA WAKELEY FOR LFW

AMANDA WAKELEY FOR LFW




Draped in the silky-soft, subtle empowerment that is Amanda Wakeley for the LFW show 









TOP & BOTTOM - AMANDA WAKELEY / COAT - ZARA / BAG - SAINT LAURENT
GLASSES - FENDI / HEELS - OFFICE 

I was backstage with Amanda Wakeley where I did a little takeover for their snapchat & then watched their AW16 show which was fun!
It was such a nice atmosphere before the show - Very well organised, not too crowded and people were friendly and informative. I have been to a few shows backstage where it is been a very different aura to say the least but it really was a pleasure.
The show was immaculate, the models walking by oozed an understated but unmistakable modern-woman strength and confidence.

What caught my eye most were shoulder-baring dresses and and intricate sequin pieces matched with black sky-high wedge heels - Obsessed!
I was lucky enough to be dressed in Amanda Wakeley for the show and I have to say I felt immediately comfortable in this outfit, the fabrics are thick are luxurious and I love a wide leg trouser, especially in a bright white.

I didnt do too much for Fashion week this winter because coming back from Mauritius and being thrown into such a different world was a little shell-shocking, I dont adjust well right away from coming back from anywhere to be honest, I stay in a little travel-bubble. Not being particularly down, but more like...what? Why am I back here? Very odd!

I am feeling pumped with inspiration though, even after this one day and that is an even better feeling than being on holiday, the push to be actively creative.

Sammi xx

Photography - Jason Davis 

Available link for download